Sunday, February 16, 2014

Beck Remix and Trickster Archetype Montage

This is a "retro house" remix of a Beck song I did called "Don't Act Like." Its only instrumental and mainly focuses on the melody.

I have recently been listening to a lot of funk house (like uppermost, gremly, etc) so i wanted to do something older and retro. I used one of my favorite vst instruments called the Roland P8. I made a nice retro sounding patch with it and used that to make the chorus melody. For the bass I used another one of my favorite synths Harmor. It was a preloaded preset but I added some extra resonance to the bass to give it a more melodic feel. As I was making the song the melody didn't sound too funky so I just kept the melody as it was (from the MIDI I got) and added some simple transitions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dG1di0gd5Ro&feature=youtu.be

Also here is a video montage for the Trickster Archetype I made

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zU_fXY-Qhtg




No comments:

Post a Comment